In this free excerpt you will receive Part 1 which includes:
- The Introduction (which outlines the premise of the book and what to expect)
- Chapter 1 Unwrapping Senses (which takes a close look at childhood development and how the sensory processing system develops)
- Chapter 2 Unwrapping Language (which takes a close look at auditory processing development and why it is so important when it comes to language development)
Chapter 10 Letters from the Heart (these are heart felt messages such as:
- from a child before they are born to their parents
- from a parent to themselves as motivation to keep going
- from a child to their teacher letting them know how they feel
- and finally, to all the children in the world today from the author.
“No Child Left Unwrapped”
Understanding and Honoring the Gifts Every Child is Born With
Do you know a child who struggles to pay attention? To communicate with other children and adults? To manage their highly sensitive feelings? To show the “right” emotions? Do you worry that life is going to be hard for this child… forever? Or perhaps you feel as if this was you growing up. This is nothing new. It is just the frequency at which this is happening today.
More children today are being diagnosed with developmental delays, anxiety disorders, and social emotional issues than ever before. And children today are facing more challenges than ever before—social, emotional, even spiritual challenges—yet society and our present educational system are still looking at our children through the lens of an old paradigm that honors intellectual gifts and physical talents, above all else.
But what if nothing is wrong with our children? What if our children are simply more sensitive, intuitive, empathic, connected to their own inner worlds? What if our highly sensitive children are the greatest gift to our world, if only we would unwrap their gifts?
Our children are not broken. Our children have a beautiful gift of resilience and empathy. If only we knew how to truly see them. Most of us (parents, educators, specialists), we focus on outside forces and circumstances. We so easily get wrapped up in seeing only a sensitive child, a learning disability, a sensory processing disorder, a social anxiety, or simply a tendency to be a bit different.
No Child Left Unwrapped challenges us to look at our children differently than we ever have before. Our society is based on an old paradigm that is no longer serving our children and youth of today. It’s time for us to help our children discover their unique awesomeness because every child is born with beautiful gifts that are meant to be unwrapped and shared with the world.